Re: Rebranding PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben
Subject Re: Rebranding PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Education is the best way to go. How are you going to slide in postgres? "Hey
guys, we can get rid of all your diverse databases and replace them with this
black box I found here." Sooner or later your anti-OSS friends are going to find
out you tricked them, and what happens then?

If your clients have serious concerns with open source, address them. If they
don't, call them on it. If they're in charge (and clients often are) and they
insist on paying money for inferior software, show them what it will really cost
them. If they still want to pay - hey, it's not your money that's being wasted.