Re: [HACKERS] Toward A Positive Marketing Approach. - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua Kramer
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Toward A Positive Marketing Approach.
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Toward A Positive Marketing Approach.
List pgsql-advocacy
> it's what ISPs provide. Since it's so hard to get ISPs that support
> PostgreSQL, more people develop using MySQL, driving demand, etc. I talk
> to probably 1 person a month that would love to develop some application
> using PostgreSQL but can't because their ISP (or their customer's ISP)
> doesn't support it.

Here's another idea: why not find and promote webhosts who support
Postgres?  That might be another tool we can use, to direct people to
ISP's who support it...

http://www.jtl.net is one (though I have no experience with them).

It's not as if it's hard to support Postgres in a web hosting
environment...

Cheers,
-Josh