UN FAO Chooses MySQL over Postgres!?!?! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua Kramer
Subject UN FAO Chooses MySQL over Postgres!?!?!
Date
Re: UN FAO Chooses MySQL over Postgres!?!?!  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: UN FAO Chooses MySQL over Postgres!?!?!  (Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@commandprompt.com>)
Re: UN FAO Chooses MySQL over Postgres!?!?!  (Ned Lilly <ned@nedscape.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Oh, my.... I wonder how they came to these conclusions!

http://linuxpr.com/releases/8687.html

"With the release of MySQL 5.0 and its new features -- including stored
procedures, triggers and views -- the reasons why we were looking at
PostgreSQL no longer existed," continued Vertucci. "MySQL proved to be
easier to set up, easier to manage and has become a widely-deployed
standard in the developing countries, helping governments to achieve
significant costs savings, without sacrificing database speed and power."

Cheers,
Josh