Re: pgsql-committers shouldn't be the default "developers" - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Devrim GUNDUZ
Subject Re: pgsql-committers shouldn't be the default "developers"
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi,

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Tom Lane wrote:

> At minimum the list description needs to be filled in, in a way that
> will discourage people from posting questions there.  Perhaps
>
>     This list carries CVS commit log messages, and occasionally
>     followup discussions arising from them.

(I was about to write an e-mail about this subject)

* We could set a reply-to header for -committers list. I think the best
could be -hackers lists. The followups should continue there.

* Only the committer people should be able to post to this list (I don't
mean regular posts. I mean the automated posts via the commit process).
Other posts should be "rejected" automatically, instead of being held for
moderator approval.

Regards,