Re: rpmbuild not working with pgadmin v 1.2.2 src rpm under fedora - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Devrim GUNDUZ
Subject Re: rpmbuild not working with pgadmin v 1.2.2 src rpm under fedora
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

Sorry for the ultra late response :(

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Max Giesbert wrote:

> pgAdmin3.cpp:23:25: error: wx/stdpaths.h: No such file or directory
> the stdpaths.h isn't anywhere on the harddisk.

You have to install wx from source, AFAICS. Look at the link below for
details. AFAIK, no FC4 RPM includes this file...

> is it possible that the src.rpm needs wxGTK >=2.6?
> if so, why doesn't the dependency not fial?

Because the spec file does not look for an RPM installation of wx. When we
wrote this spec file, binary installation of wx was full of pain  -- That's why
I try to build RPMs for many platforms on my development server.

If you want to rebuild RPM, then you should follow the instructions

http://www.pgadmin.org/download.php#source

while building wxwidgets. Then rebuilding FC4 RPM is easy.

> also has anyone got wxGTK-2.6 rpms for x86_64?

Last month I intended to fix wx's spec file; however I gave up before going
crazy. But maybe I "have to" do it at least for for pgAdmin3... Let me
give another try for it this weekend (This weekend is my "RPM Building
Festival")

Regards,
--
Devrim GUNDUZ