Re: Data corruption/loss when altering tables (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Nicola Pero
Subject Re: Data corruption/loss when altering tables (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
>> Is there a way to explictly flush cached plans ?  Is there a way to
>> prevent the caching of the plan in the stored procedure ?
>
> You can prevent plan caching in PL/pgSQL by using EXECUTE.  See the
> "Executing Dynamic Commands" section in the PL/pgSQL chapter of the
> documentation.

Thanks!  I suppose that (rewriting all PL/pgSQL stored procedures which
might use tables which could be modified to do an EXECUTE instead of a
plain query) will do.

Thanks everyone for your help! :-)

NB: I'd recommend writing a large 'warning' somewhere in the PL/pgsql doc
about this because loosing data is really scary