Re: [BUGS] BUG #1219: pgxs does not work fully - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #1219: pgxs does not work fully
Date
List pgsql-patches
Please find enclose a submission to fix these problems.

The patch adds missing the "libpgport.a" file to the installation under
"install-all-headers". It is needed by some contribs. I install the
library in "pkglibdir", but I was wondering whether it should be "libdir"?
I was wondering also whether it would make sense to have a "libpgport.so"?

It fixes various macros which are used by contrib makefiles, especially
libpq_*dir and LDFLAGS when used under PGXS. It seems to me that they are
needed to

It adds the ability to test and use PGXS with contribs, with "make
USE_PGXS=1". Without the macro, this is exactly as before, there should be
no difference, esp. wrt the vpath feature that seemed broken by previous
submission. So it should not harm anybody, and it is useful at least to me.

It fixes some inconsistencies in various contrib makefiles
(useless override, ":=" instead of "=").

It works for me. it validates.

I'm available to fix any problem with this patch.

Have a nice day,

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho@cri.ensmp.fr

Attachment