Re: Patch for pg_dump: Multiple -t options and new -T - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Gavin Sherry
Subject Re: Patch for pg_dump: Multiple -t options and new -T
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> > No, it doesn't.  I can look into that if you like.  The patch was
> > entirely to satisfy a need some of our customers have.  The -T switch
> > does fill a real need for our customers; our product has a couple of tables
> > that aren't critical if they aren't backed up, but as the product evolves,
> > we occasionally add more tables.  So it's easier to use a -T switch to
> > say what *not* to back up, than multiple -t switches to say what to back up.
>
> Well, since you wrote the patch, you'd be better off munging it.  Read
> Tom's comments and see what you can come up with.  There's been no
> decision made yet though on what changes to make however.

I'd also move the should_dump.c file into an existing file and make sure
the patch is against CVS HEAD, not 7.4.3.

Also, there's a copyright statement at the top, retaining copyright with
the author. Does anyone have an issue with that?

Gavin