suggestion needed for implementation - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Wei Weng
Subject suggestion needed for implementation
Date
List pgsql-sql
I need to create triggers on a number of tables that have full text search
capability. The trigger, basically, needs to call select
set_curcfg('default') first to set the locale , then call tsearch2
function on the text columns in the table to update the index. How can I
implement a trigger that does two different thing (select and tsearch2)
together? I was thinking about making them into one function, say,
function updatetbl(), that does two things together. But then, postgresql
does not allow variable length of arguments. updatetbl can not just take
arbitrary number of arguments to pass on tsearch2.

What can I do here to implement this trigger?

Thanks

Wei