Re: [HACKERS] Web page down (ad server) - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dennis Bjorklund
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Web page down (ad server)
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> > Turns out it's related to the ads, so if I just adblock the
> > ad server I can see the page just fine. Kind of bad it's
> > needed however :-)
> >
> > I also tried to show the page in opera and it looks the same
> > as in firefox.
>
> Intersting. It works fine for me. Did you try multiple times? (Since you
> tried a different browser, I assume you did).

Of course. Maybe it's was some dns problem (all the adresses seemed to
resolve, but maybe some adress have been updated but not propagated to all
dns servers, or something. What do I know?).

As I said, I could solve it just fine by using adblock so it's not a
problem for me. I just wanted to tell someone about it.

I did try like 50 times during 30 minutes. Every time it got stuck waiting
on 200.46.208.156.

And guess what, now that I remove the adblock to try some more it seems to
work again. Aaarg, computers drive me crazy :-)

--
/Dennis Björklund