Re: Comparing tsearch2 vectors. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Achilleus Mantzios
Subject Re: Comparing tsearch2 vectors.
Date
List pgsql-sql
O kyrios Rajesh Kumar Mallah egrapse stis Jul 12, 2004 :

> Dear Mantzios,
>
> I have to get set of banners from database in
> response to a search term.  I want that the search term
> be compared to the keyword corresponding to the
> banners stored in database. current i am doing an
> equality match but i woild like to do it after stemming
> both the sides (serch term and  keywords).

You could transform your search terms so that there is the "&"
separator between them. (& stands for "AND").
E.g. "handicrafts exporter" becomes "handicrafts&exporter"
And then
select * from <your table> where idxfti @@ to_tsquery(<searchterms>);

where idxfti is your tsvector column.

E.g.