Re: Patch to bring \copy syntax more in line with SQL copy - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Dennis Bjorklund
Subject Re: Patch to bring \copy syntax more in line with SQL copy
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 21. Januar 2004 02:16 schrieb Bill Moran:
> > BTW: Why is this frowned apon so?  Are there compilers that have
> > problems with it?
>
> Yes.  Search the archives for "AIX". :-)

I googled a little for the aix compiler and it looks like it supports both
c99 if one tells it to (-langlvl=stdc99) and a just c++ comments if
one wants (-qcpluscmt).

Then again, I'm sure there are lots of old compilers out there, that does
not support it. Personally I would be happy to just demand c99 but I don't
think I get to choose.

--
/Dennis Björklund