Re: Postgress and MYSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben
Subject Re: Postgress and MYSQL
Date
Documentation search (Was: Postgress and MYSQL)  (Martin Marques <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar>)
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Not to mention that PostgreSQL.Org has some of the most complete
> documentation
> of any software out there.

Yes, I don't understand why people seem to keep complaining about
Postgres' documentation - it is by far the best reference documentation
I've ever come across.

Maybe it's that there isn't much tutorial content in the documentation -
for somebody trying to learn how to do SQL in the first place, it's not
going to hold your hand and I could see how that will turn off newbies.