Re: grant not working on pg_class - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: grant not working on pg_class
Date
List pgsql-general
Gregory Stone writes:

> to execute a stored procedure that, with the command below, turns off the
> triggers temporarily I get ERROR:  permission denied for relation
> pg_class.
>
> UPDATE "pg_class" SET "reltriggers" = 0 WHERE "relname" =
> ''layer_template'';

There is a special restriction that prevents you from writing to system
catalogs.  The user must have usecatupd set to true in pg_shadow.  That is
generally only recommendable for superusers.  (Else, anyone having write
access to pg_class could easily obtain write access to any other table.)

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net