Re: cvs head configure broken for --with-krb5 on RH9 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: cvs head configure broken for --with-krb5 on RH9
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> I believe the idea is that instead of
>   --with-krb5=/usr/kerberos
> you now need
>   --with-krb5 --with-includes=/usr/kerberos/include --with-libs=/usr/kerberos/lib
> or some variant like that.  It'd be good for the docs to be more
> explicit about this change.

If you have anything to add to this, let me know:
<listitem>      <para>        Build with support for Kerberos authentication. You can use        either Kerberos
version4 or 5, but not both.  On many        systems, the Kerberos system is not installed in a location        that is
searchedby default (e.g., <filename>/usr/include</>,        <filename>/usr/lib</>), so you must use the options
<option>--with-includes</>and <option>--with-libraries</> in        addition to this option.  <filename>configure</>
willcheck        for the required header files and libraries to make sure that        your Kerberos installation is
sufficientbefore proceeding.       </para>      </listitem>     </varlistentry>

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net