ObjectWeb/Clustered JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject ObjectWeb/Clustered JDBC
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I was at the ObjectWeb Conference today; ObjectWeb
(http://www.objectweb.org) being a consortium that has amassed quite an
impressive array of open-source, Java-based middleware under their
umbrella, including for instance our old friend Enhydra.  And they
regularly kept mentioning PostgreSQL in their presentations.

To those that are interested in distributed transactions/two-phase commit,
I recommend taking a look at Clustered JDBC
(http://c-jdbc.objectweb.org/).  While this is not exactly the same thing,
it looks to be a pretty neat solution for a similar class of applications.
In particular, it provides redundancy, load balancing, caching, and even
database independence.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net