Re: Pg_dumpall problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Pg_dumpall problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Patrick Hatcher writes:

> Did a pg_dumpall from my production database (7.3.2) and I tried to restore
> to my Dev database (7.4).  I receive a data exception error during the
> import and was stupid enough not to write it down.   Is there a log some
> place I can look to see what the error was?

Depends on how you started the postmaster.  Maybe it's in syslog, maybe
it's in the log file you specified, or maybe it's in /dev/null.  Also, you
could just try again and write down the error this time.

> Also, what does one do when the dump file over 5 gigs?

There should be no problem with that.  Except of course that it is large
and slow to reload, but that you have to deal with.

> How can I possibly correct whatever error is ocurring?

Find out what the error is first. :-)

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net