Re: [HACKERS] Not 7.5, but 8.0 ? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Not 7.5, but 8.0 ?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Dave Page writes:

> Least interesting to many user perhaps, but lost of them seen to think
> that it's important for expanding our userbase:
> http://www.postgresql.org/survey.php?View=1&SurveyID=9

That survey is a bit like asking television viewers, "What do you think
would attract the most new television viewers?"

33% -- better entertainment

That does not say that better entertainment will attract new viewers, just
that the existing viewers think that.  Most nonviewers might in fact be
perfectly content with their way of living.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net