Re: Comparing databases - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Comparing databases
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
scott.marlowe writes:

> I'm thinking we need to use the word cooperation or coorperate and diverse
> somewhere in there.
>
> Postgresql has qualified, dedicated, diverse support channels
> provided through the cooperation of both the user community and a
> number of longstanding commercial companies...

While using attractive words is important, don't lose the focus of what
you are trying to say.  To me, playing devil's advocate, this sentence
raises more questions than it answers:

If I want to support, do I have to make use of the user community or can I
go straight to the companies?

How is "qualified, dedicated" measured?  Do the dedicated supporters sit
around waiting for my call all day?  What does this actually mean?

Why are there no short-standing companies?  No dynamic potential for
newcomers in this area?  What is "long" anyway?

Etc.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net