Re: Comparing databases - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Comparing databases
Date
Re: Comparing databases  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Comparing databases  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> How about:

> PostgreSQL has qualified and dedicated support via the PostgreSQL
> community and
> a number of longstanding commercial companies. The community, which is
> driven
> purely by their willingness to create the best database available has
> developed
> a series of support channels including (link) mailing lists, (link)
> websites, and live
> forums (irc). If commercial support is more suitable you can also visit our
> (link) commercial support page for a list of PostgreSQL support providers.

I'm thinking we need to use the word cooperation or coorperate and diverse
somewhere in there.

Postgresql has qualified, dedicated, diverse support channels
provided through the cooperation of both the user community and a
number of longstanding commercial companies...

While the community provides support through... (list from above)

The commercial companies offer support through telephone callback,
email, onsite installation, support and training, and custom postgresql
programming.

Still kinda rough.