Re: Changes to Contributor List - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Changes to Contributor List
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus writes:

> And if we're gonna continue this thread, we should move it to -Advocacy.

I'm a bit lost here.

It was recently said very clearly, "The target audience of the advocacy
site is PHB's, not technical people."  And the content of the site
supports that in my mind.  Yet, the advocacy group keeps absorbing more
and more tasks that are not strictly related to development, but are
clearly not targeting PHB's exclusively either.  There is a wide spectrum
between the PostgreSQL guru on the one side and the PHB on the other side.
(And the middle of the spectrum happens to be the largest part.) Those are
the people I see coming to presentations, expositions, those are the
people I am targeting when I'm making flyers, write books and magazine
articles, prepare training classes.  Those are the people who actually
come to our web site in search of information.  Those are the people who
will like to read a nice press release that is not a bare change log but
still free of marketing BS.  But nobody's addressing those people.

So please, declare your intentions and make them consistent with your
actions.

Until then, or in any case, the discussion list of the development group
is the right place to discuss who gets to be a recognized contributor of
that same development group.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net