Re: INSERT and UPDATE of ALLBALLS/INFINITY dates and MOVE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: INSERT and UPDATE of ALLBALLS/INFINITY dates and MOVE
Date
List pgsql-general
Marco Lazzeri writes:

> I need some examples of INSERT and UPDATE of DATE columns using
> 'ALLBALLS' and 'INFINITY' values. I could not find examples on the net.

These values are only supported by the type timestamp, not by date.

> I need, also, to move columns in tables (just like the MOVE BEFORE/MOVE
> AFTER MySQL commands). Can you help me?

This is not possible in PostgreSQL.  Your best bet is to drop the table
and recreate it.  Alternatively, do surgery using ADD COLUMN and DROP
COLUMN.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net