Re: PostgreSQL Certification - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Certification
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Bruce Momjian writes:

> How do we evaluate those classes?  Is someone going to be there?  We can
> look at the printed curriculum, but do we know the instructor can answer
> a reasonable question _not_ on the curriculum?  How do we tell a company
> we will _not_ cerify their course?
>
> As you can see, this could get messy.

People are providing commercial support without PGDG approval, people are
repackaging PostgreSQL without PGDG approval, people are writing books
without PGDG approval, people are offering training classes without PGDG
approval -- all of these things work well, and they provide for choice,
diversity, and competition.  I see no need for centralized curricula.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net