Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error
Date
Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane writes:

> Sure it can.  You're essentially arguing that DBAs are too dumb to match
> up matching query and duration log outputs.  I don't buy that.  I think
> they'll be analyzing their logs with little Perl scripts anyway, and
> that consistency of log output format will be worth more to those
> scripts than sometimes having related items all on one log line.

When you're dealing with a large installation, these little Perl scripts
become difficult.  I've just had to deal with a similar issue with a
popular MTA which spreads the relevant log information over several lines.
If you're generating 500 MB of log output a day, it becomes a problem.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net