Re: Reorganization of spinlock defines - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Reorganization of spinlock defines
Date
Re: Reorganization of spinlock defines  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian writes:

> I can make the change, but --without seemed to more closely match
> because it was like readline where you didn't have it, and had to say so
> specifically.  I don't see how we can say --disable because this is case
> were we clearly don't have spinlocks to enable, no?

./configure --help | grep --relevant-stuff

Optional Features:
  --disable-FEATURE       do not include FEATURE (same as --enable-FEATURE=no)
  --enable-FEATURE[=ARG]  include FEATURE [ARG=yes]

Optional Packages:
  --with-PACKAGE[=ARG]    use PACKAGE [ARG=yes]
  --without-PACKAGE       do not use PACKAGE (same as --with-PACKAGE=no)

Readline is a package, spinlocks are a feature.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net