Re: ISO 8601 'Time Intervals' of the 'format with time-unit - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: ISO 8601 'Time Intervals' of the 'format with time-unit
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane writes:

> Yes, but by the same token "iso8601" isn't specific enough either.
> Several of the other input formats we support have at least as good a
> claim on that name.

The only input formats we support are along the lines of

@ 1 year 2 mons 3 days 4 hours 5 mins 6 secs
@ 1 year 2 mons 3 days 04:05:06

These are also the supported output formats (the first you get for 'sql',
'postgres', and 'german' formats; the second is 'iso').  A quick check of
ISO 8601 shows, however, that neither of these are close to anything
specified in that standard.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net