Re: GUC patch for Win32 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: GUC patch for Win32
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian writes:

> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > What about all the other global variables?  Will there be a separate
> > mechanism for each kind?
>
> Good question.  I am not sure yet.  I figured I would hit the GUC ones
> first because they are easy and all in one place, then see what others
> exist in the Peer Direct patch.

Well, the question of what to do with all the global variables seems to be
a central point in the port, given that no fork() function exists.  So
I think that should be solved before piecewise solutions for some
variables are installed that will become obsolete later on.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net