Re: rename/unlink handling for Win32 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: rename/unlink handling for Win32
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> The following patch loops over rename/unlink every 1/10th of second,
> printing a warning message after 1 second, and printing a completion
> message if a warning message was printed.

I don't like that; it seems arbitrary.  How does the need to wait relate
to other factors, such as the system load?

About the code:  The code you placed into pg_config_manual.h must go into
some other header file, probably a separate one that parallels the .c
file.  Also, I would prefer if the C files in src/port were named after
the function they implement, so rename.c.

It might also be cleaner if we changed the code to use remove() instead of
unlink(), since the ISO C standard uses the former whereas the latter is
Unix-ish.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net