Re: Upgrade to Red Hat Linux 9 broke PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bob Kline
Subject Re: Upgrade to Red Hat Linux 9 broke PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Lamar Owen wrote:

[ Very throrough and thoughtful reply, ending ...]

> So, unless some things change at fundamental levels, it's going to
> remain a problem.  The lesson is to always do an ASCII dump before an
> OS upgrade.  PostgreSQL is not the only program that can be borked in
> an OS upgrade, either.

Thanks very much for your excellent reply, and for your efforts to make
things better.  I've learned my lesson for the future.  I hope these
problems won't drive away too many prospective PostgreSQL users.

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline@rksystems.com