Re: Replacing rpm installation with tarball - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Replacing rpm installation with tarball
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8 Mar 2003, Hadley Willan wrote:

>     You cannot upgrade from 7.2 to 7.3. There are a number of reasons and
> therefore the safest course of action is to pg_dump the 7.2 database and
> then uninstall 7.2. Then install your 7.3.x release. I believe you
> should be aiming for at least 7.3.2.

Hadley,

  I ripped out the 7.2.1 installation (wiring and all) and built 7.3.2 from
source. It's now happily ensconced in the proper directories. All I need do
is get the right file into /etc/rc.d/init.d/ so the postmaster will fire up
again on reboot.

  Which brings me to ask: Where are the pdf docs for 7.3.2? I go to the Web
site and follow the download -> docs -> current links to find docs for 7.2,
not 7.3. Are they hidden away somewhere?

TIA,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)