Re: Replacing rpm installation with tarball - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Replacing rpm installation with tarball
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8 Mar 2003, Hadley Willan wrote:

>     You cannot upgrade from 7.2 to 7.3. There are a number of reasons and
> therefore the safest course of action is to pg_dump the 7.2 database and
> then uninstall 7.2. Then install your 7.3.x release. I believe you
> should be aiming for at least 7.3.2.

  Ah, yes! I recall reading something of this.

  Well, tomorrow I'll finish getting rid of all the old postgres and
installing the new rpms (I think they will).

Many thanks, Hadley,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)