Re: request for sql3 compliance for the update command - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: request for sql3 compliance for the update command
Date
Re: request for sql3 compliance for the update command  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Dave Cramer writes:

> update table set (col...) = ( val...)

> It would appear that this is SQL3 compliant
>
> <set clause> ::=
>
> <update target> ::=
>  <object column>

That's not what my copy says.
clause><equals operator> <update source>

        <object column> ::= <column name>

        <update source> ::=               <value expression>             | <contextually typed value specification>

(And I'm pretty sure I have the right version of the standard.)

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net