Re: location of the configuration files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: location of the configuration files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
mlw writes:

> AFAIK it wasn't actually done. It was more of a, "we should do something
> different" argument. At one point it was talked about rewriting the
> configuration system to allow "include" and other things.

The core of the problem was, and continues to be, this:  If you move
postgresql.conf somewhere else, then someone else will also want to move
pg_hba.conf and all the rest.  And that opens up a number of security and
cumbersome-to-install problems.

Just having an option that says, the configuration file is "there", is a
first step but not a complete solution.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net