Re: location of the configuration files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From mlw
Subject Re: location of the configuration files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
cite="midPine.LNX.4.44.0302131909260.2646-100000@peter.localdomain"type="cite"><pre wrap="">mlw writes:

different" argument. At one point it was talked about rewriting the
The core of the problem was, and continues to be, this:  If you move
postgresql.conf somewhere else, then someone else will also want to move
pg_hba.conf and all the rest.  And that opens up a number of security and
cumbersome-to-install problems.

Just having an option that says, the configuration file is "there", is a
first step but not a complete solution.</pre></blockquote> The location of pg_hba.conf and pg_ident.conf can be
specifiedwithin the postgresql.conf file if desired.<br /><br /> I don't understand the security concerns, what
securityissues can there be?<br /><br /><blockquote cite="midPine.LNX.4.44.0302131909260.2646-100000@peter.localdomain"
type="cite"><prewrap=""> </pre></blockquote>