Re: targetlist functions part 1 (was [HACKERS] targetlist - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: targetlist functions part 1 (was [HACKERS] targetlist
Date
List pgsql-patches
Joe Conway writes:

> The short answer is we need a way to allow a "table function" to fire
> multiple times given one or more columns from a table as input.

Has there been an evaluation of the SQL standard and other databases how
this is handled?  I can't believe we're operating in ground-breaking
territory here.  What concerns me is that we're inserting table-generating
syntax elements into the select list, which is where they've never
belonged.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net