Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src Makefile.global.in makefiles/ ... - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src Makefile.global.in makefiles/ ...
Date
List pgsql-patches
This patch needs to be reverted.  It causes the compilation environment
seen by the makefiles to be different from what is dealt with in
configure, which creates a recipe for desaster.  If additional "rpaths"
are to be added to the linker flags, it needs to be done in configure
before any tests that invoke the linker.

As a side note, I would even question that the patch as it stands is
generally useful: Consider the case that one has libraries in the
non-standard directories that are now covered by the additional rpath
flags.  How could configure even produce reliable results if it doesn't
have access to those presumably relevant libraries?

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net