command-line history (readline) fails - Mailing list pgsql-general

From john-paul delaney
Subject command-line history (readline) fails
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello... I'm a newbie to postgresql.  I've tried a few times to install readline 4.3, followed by postgresql 7.23, and
stillthe commmand line history in pgsql doesn't function.  I've used the --with-includes and --with-libraries configure
optionsto point to where the readline header and shared object files are but with similar disappointing results.  The
readline.so files are in /usr/local/lib - how can I get postgresql to recognize readline is installed?  Redhat 7.3 is
theos.

 The output of ldd -v /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres does not find any readline files.

 Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
/j-p.

JUSTATEST Art Online