Re: oid2name and relfilenode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: oid2name and relfilenode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> >     Rename oid2name to relfilenode2name and install by default
> >

> Actually, to be accurate, I think databases are stored based on their
> oid and tables/indexes are stored based on their relfilenode.  That is
> pretty confusing.  Do we still do the renaming?

I don't think we should do either of these.  Instead of giving people
tools to dig around in the internals, let's give them tools to get the
information they really want.  Not sure what that is though.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net