Re: 7.3 Beta Schema and pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: 7.3 Beta Schema and pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> "Jim Buttafuoco" <jim@contactbda.com> writes:
> > This seems like a "must" have option for pg_dump,
> > If I was to create a patch would it make it into 7.3?
>
> I dunno ... I'd like to have it too, but it would break our "no new
> features during beta" rule.  Comments anyone?

I do not believe Jim's premise that it would only take a couple of changes
to a couple of queries.  Clearly, it would take at least some change to
any query that reads information about schema-aware objects.  And it needs
to be made backward compatible.  And what about cross-schema dependencies?

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net