Re: Large file support available - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Large file support available
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> Also, even with configure --disable-largefile, I find that pg_config.h
> still contains
>
> /* Define to 1 to make fseeko visible on some hosts. */
> #define _LARGEFILE_SOURCE 1
>
> /* Define to 1 if fseeko (and presumably ftello) exists and is declared. */
> #define HAVE_FSEEKO 1
>
> This strikes me as probably Not a Good Thing, although I haven't dug to
> see what the implications are.

This is harmless (until proven otherwise).  fseeko() is identical to
fseek() except that the offset argument uses off_t, and _LARGEFILE_SOURCE
makes fseeko() and friends visible in the headers.  That's all.  No large
files involved.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net