Re: bug in config for cygwin - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: bug in config for cygwin
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Scott writes:

> I'm not sure if what I've noticed fully qualifies as a bug...but, I run cygwin and also do a lot of development with
vc++(6)...Using version 7.2.1 I built the libpq++ libs/dll for win32 for use in my vc++ progs, and also ran the
'configure'script under cygwin...the problem occurs in the pg_config_os.h file, where an "#include <cygwin/version.h>"
occursbefore an "#ifdef __CYGWIN__" - so naturally my vc++ builds fail. By moving the include to after the ifdef the
problemgoes away...I thought I'd send this here so somwone with knowledge of patching the configure scripts etc. might
havea look.

If you configure under cygwin then you can't build under not-cygwin.  If
you want to build the libraries for native Windows you need to follow the
instructions for the native build.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net