Re: Open 7.3 issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Open 7.3 issues
Date
Removing Libraries (Was: Re: Open 7.3 issues)  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

>     Socket permissions - only install user can access db by default
>         unix_socket_permissions in postgresql.conf

This is dead.

>     glibc and mktime() - fix?

Leave it be.  If someone really needs time information from before 1970
(and who does?) he wouldn't use an OS that doesn't support it anyway.
There are several platforms that don't have complete time information
before 1947 and we've lived with those, too.

>     ecpg and bison issues - solved?

A release is cooking.  1.49b was released just a few days ago.  Assuming
that it is sane and no final release comes out before beta, we might ship
our beta built with their beta and coordinate with them to make a final
release during our beta.  It's a bit risky, but the more testing we can
provide to them the faster they will get a release out.

>     fix BeOS and QNX4 ports
>
> Should we ship 7.3 without these ports?

Porters usually appear during beta.

>     integrate or remove new libpqxx
>     integrate or add to gborg Pg:DBD
>
> Seems like gborg is the place for these.

I would volunteer to package libpq++ separately.

>     move pg_resetxlog and pg_controldata to main tree, add -f flag
>
> That is me. I  will get to it.

What does -f do?

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net