Re: pgsql/ oc/src/sgml/ref/set_session_auth.sgml r ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: pgsql/ oc/src/sgml/ref/set_session_auth.sgml r ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
Tom Lane writes:

>     Accept SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION DEFAULT and RESET SESSION AUTHORIZATION
>     to reset session userid to the originally-authenticated name.  Also,
>     relax SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION to allow specifying one's own username
>     even if one is not superuser, so as to avoid unnecessary error messages
>     when loading a pg_dump file that uses this command.  Per discussion from
>     several months ago.

I noticed you added SHOW SESSION AUTHORIZATION here as showing the
SESSION_USER.  I don't think this makes sense, because SET SESSION
AUTHORIZATION is not the same as setting the session user only.  Also, in
response to your comment, no, I don't think RESET all should reset the
session user.  I think it would be better to treat SET SESSION
AUTHORIZATION separately from the other SET commands, since it behaves
differently in effect and privileges.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net