Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v7.2 Final Release - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v7.2 Final Release
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 February 2002 12:11 pm, Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> > Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
> > > What about pl/python
>
> > There is no shared python library. Linking in static libraries in
> > dynamic extensions doesn't work on most platforms.
>
> That's what I thought, but wasn't sure.

FWIW, the python rpms in Rawhide have static libraries, but are compiled
with -fPIC. Thus, they can actually be used in this way...

> Oh, I'm building NLS-capable RPM's as I write this; expect an upload shortly.
> The NLS file list mechanism munged the execute permission for the initscript,
> so I had to track that down before release.  Hopefully this last build will
> have the right perms.

I need to sync up after that, before I do some more fixes to the
initscript.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.