International characters and the jdbcdriver - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fredrik Hultkrantz
Subject International characters and the jdbcdriver
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all...

I just installed 7.1RC1 on an sun enterprise 250 runnning debian 2.2r2
linux and everything went ok..

I compiled with --enable-local and --with-java among other but it seems
that the ja created doesn't like international characters. I use the
postgresql.jar found in /usr/local/postgresql/share/java/. When running
using this one i get ? instead of for example å,ä or ö. Changing to
jdbc7.0-1.2.jar from an rpminstall (mandrake 7.2) made everything work
just fine.

Did I do something wrong or miss something?

Thanks in advance!

Fredrik