Re: Press release, hopefully final draft this time - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Roderick A. Anderson
Subject Re: Press release, hopefully final draft this time
Date
Re: Press release, hopefully final draft this time  (Lamar Owen <lowen@pari.edu>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

From the cheap seats:

> > > Through automatically and continously archived transaction logs,
> > > this feature allows full data restore
> >
> > A little awkward to read: it's a lot of big words before the
> > subject shows up.
>
> Suggested re-write?    That feature has been re-written 4 times; it may be
> awkward now, but at least it's clear what it does (I think).

this feature allows full data restoration from the automatic and
continously archived transaction logs.

> > > PostgreSQL is distributed under a BSD license, which allows fee-free
> > > use and distribution, for both commercial and non-commercial
> > > applications.
> >
> > The "fee-free" is an odd phrase.
>
> Other suggestions?

PostgreSQL is distributed under a BSD license, which allows use and
distribution -- without licensing fees -- for commercial and
non-commercial applications.

(Might have to lose or replace the dashes.)

Rod