Re: Press release, hopefully final draft this time - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Press release, hopefully final draft this time
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wednesday 29 September 2004 00:38, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> PostgreSQL is distributed under a BSD license, which allows use and
> distribution -- without licensing fees -- for commercial and
> non-commercial applications.

> (Might have to lose or replace the dashes.)

The sentence flows fine without the dashes.  I would add a 'both' between
'for' and 'commercial' though.  If one wants to get really specific add an
'any' prior to 'licensing fees' in that clause.  The 'any' might be overkill,
though.

Rewritten:
"PostgreSQL is distributed under a BSD license, which allows use and
distribution without any licensing fees for both commercial and
non-commercial applications."

Or:
"PostgreSQL is distributed under a BSD license, which allows use and
distribution without licensing fees of any kind for either commercial or
non-commercial applications."

I tend to like the either....or construct there.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology