Re: Email signature - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: Email signature
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Aleksander,
>
> > Since it's supposed to look more professional, I'll be sending out my press
> > email in HTML form. For this purpose, I've created a signature file, which
>
> I reccomend against this.   I do not find HTML e-mail to be "more
> professional", and spam filters tend to block HTML-only mail.

As long as it's multi-part mime with a text portion and an html portion,
and the attached graphics are reasonably small, then I see no big problem
with an email that contains an html portion.

However, it might be better to send an email with a link back to the html
version on a server somewhere so the user doesn't have to download the
larger html version unless they want to.