Re: Need CDs, Brochures, Swag for Comdex - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Roderick A. Anderson
Subject Re: Need CDs, Brochures, Swag for Comdex
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, 6 Sep 2003, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Hrmmm ... can I suggest one addition?  you have the Month/Year ... how
> about the event?  not sure if it means anything, or matter, its just a
> thought ... but something like:

I suggest the main Pg version number or the CD version number.  I'll be
using this for simple giveaways and would want the receiver to know
what they're getting.

Aother issue is not strickly Pg related.  How do we get them onto
the various label formats without a PDF enabled editor.  I use
OpenOffice.Org and am unaware of how to get this into one of my label
templates.  NEATO, Avery, etc.

Lastly, this is a very neat and clean layout.  I like it a lot.  I was
trying to find time to do the same but all my ideas were much more
cluttered.  To paraphrase a friend.  "The problem is you give a computer
guy a graphics program and he thinks he's an artist[*]."  I am glad Gavin
has the artistic touch.

[*] His original statement was "The problem with letting engineers take
programming classes is they think they're programmers."  This after we
were reviewing/decyphering/debugging some _REALLY_ ugly Fortran coding.

Rod