Re: move to usenet? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: move to usenet?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Jules Alberts wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > This is not a troll and I certainly don't want to start a holy war but
> > wouldn't it be a good idea to move the postgresql lists from the
> > mailing list approach to usenet? IMHO it's more open and easier to work
> > with. As it is now, there are some postgreql usenet groups but hardly
> > anything happens there.
>
> connect to news.us.postgresql.org or news.fr.postgresql.org if you want to
> get all messages/groups ... they are all gate'd ... if anyone out there is
> running a news server that is willing to provide a relay point, please
> contact me, and we'll work on getting a feed in place ...

I'd also recommend groups.google.com for searching the archives.

When the updates weren't getting out for a bit after the most recent
server crash it was hard for me, since I use it to look up old threads
'cause I delete them in my email pretty quick.